Monday, October 29, 2007

Picture of Kaito's Killer

I've had some discussions with people about who is Katio's killer. After last week's episode, and the revelation of who the nightmare man is, many would jump to the conclusion that Maury Parkman is indeed the killer seeking out the twelve. I have not yet jumped to this conclusion yet. Here is a picture of the bad guy right before and during his attack of Kaito.


Just looking at the profile of the attacker, I can tell you right now, that's not Matt's father. The attacker clearly has a more athletic build than Maury Parkman. I have heard it suggested that it is just an "illusion" casted by Maury, but I don't believe that either. Clearly Kaito recognizes the attacker, so unless Maury has an illusion of himself that he consistently uses, I doubt that could be it.

You have to also pay attention to what Kaito says. When the attacker reveals himself/herself (this could definitely be a woman), Kaito states, "Of all of them, I never expected it would be you". That gives us to important clues. First, it's one of the twelve. Second, it wasn't someone he would have expected. This leads me to believe even further it isn't Matt's dad. Why not? You would expect it to be him. We know Matt's dad has a criminal past, and others in the twelve would know that too. If that is the case, then Kaito WOULD have expected it to be him.

And the last thing, nothing in Maury's power would allow him to survive a 30 story drop, unless he has some yet to be revealed power.