Monday, November 12, 2007

Morally Gray

Just a quick little post. But one of the things I wanted to say about this week's episode is I love how Mohinder, when talking to Niki, declared that he thought Bob was "Morally Gray".

This goes very nicely with my post on how Heroes characters are never just black and white. I think the creators of Heroes must be reading my blog. With the writers going on strike, and Heroes season threatening to be canceled, maybe I should be considered for a writing posiiton :)

In all seriousness, I can see a problem with them extending this idea too far. While I do believe that this gray area allows there to be some very interesting story telling, it can also be healthy for people to believe in their heroes. That is, comics are successful because we know who to root for. We, as a people, love to idealize our heroes, and if we start to see the chinks in our hero's armor, we lose a little of that idealism.

No comments: