Friday, December 7, 2007

Hiro's Revenge


When I saw what Hiro did to Adam, by trapping him in the coffin and burying him six-feet under, all I could say to myself was, "How medieval was that?" I didn't think Hiro had it in him.
This is a very interesting turning point for Hiro. Up until this point, Hiro was the happy-go-lucky-time-freezing geek we have grown to love. But something has now fundamentally changed with Hiro. The death of his father brought great sadness to him. The realization that it was Adam seemed to instill a deep sense of guilt that he did not stop him sooner.


This will probably be the start of this timelines "Dark Hiro". Remember what set off Hiro in that timeline, it was the death of Ando. As Peter said, "Your remember how he used to be. All full of hope and Optimism. It went away the day you died." I don't think Hiro will go that far down the road, he seems to have accepted the death of his father, but it still will lead to his being the more serious version of Hiro. I for one am excited about it. While I think the "geeky" Hiro is great, and I hope he always maintains some of that, I also am eager to see him develop his power and have the confidence and ability to control his powers.

What did you think of what Hiro did to Adam? Do you think its a sign of things to come?

2 comments:

pug0matic said...

Oh I think that was awesome! We'll definitely see Adam again. All of the characters have hardened over the first half of the second season. It'll be cool to see where they take Hiro. Maybe now he'll start slicking his hair back.

ChenHuangdi said...

i think its very cool how they're showing the dark side of "super heroes". Maybe it will resemble the path that the Company took from ideological to what appears to be evil. I personally love when stories are more morally gray and characters are forced to make decisions against their nature for the "greater good".