Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Truth and Consequences

Yes, my post are slowing down. Mainly due to the fact that I'm a little disheartened by the writer's strike, and the eventual abrupt end to my favorite show, but also because this is getting a little hard when it seems like I'm talking to myself. So if you have comments, please share :)

An OK episode. Most of the action happened at the end. Not a full recap, just the interesting parts.

Show starts out with Peter again seeing himself in the future, deserted, New York City. It appears to be one of his dream sequences again. They are going to have to explain this sooner rather than later, and I hope it's sooner since I hate things that drag out for extended periods of time without explanation. He teams up with Adam to find Victoria Pratt and "save the world". Peter finds and talks to her. In the end, he reads her mind to discover where the virus is, and she ends up being killed by Adam Monroe. Adam leaves his calling card, and they head off to Texas to go find it.

Bob returns Noah's "ashes" to the Bennet Family. Of course, these aren't real since we know that Noah was in fact saved by Mohinder and locked up by the Company. Claire wishes to forget and considers asking the Haitian to wipe her memory (which of course she could always recover as we know from Peter). She scatters the ashes and notices Elle watching her. She threatens to tell the world about her abilities. I'm not exactly sure how this gives her an advantage over the company, but for some reason Claire thinks it does.

Elle has a testy exchange with her father who chastises her and tells her that she has to regain his trust. I don't think this exchange bodes well for one of these two characters. Heroes hints that two heroes are going to die next week. My money is on Elle being one of those.

Sylar teaches Maya to "control" her power in an attempt to get rid of Alejandro. She succeeds and sends Alejandro away, believing she is doing the right thing for him. Alejandro, ever the good brother, refuses to leave and confronts Sylar. During the confrontation Alejandro is killed. This storyline is really starting to bore me as it has little relevance to the rest of the plot. I'm sure it will turn around in the 2nd half of the season, but for now, it is dragging on. It also really bothers me the trust Maya puts in a stranger over her brother, who clearly loves her. Come on now, is that at all realistic?

Hiro goes back to discover why Adam Monroe was locked up, and discovers that Adam attempted to release the virus that would cause total devastation. He travels to Odessa to find him, bringing along the Kensei sword. He freezes time, only to find an unfrozen Peter Petrelli. Despite being told that Adam murdered Kaito, Peter refuses to let Hiro have Adam. The show ends with Hiro charging Peter with the sword, Peter ready to fire an electric bolt at Hiro.

5 comments:

pug0matic said...

Hey, I want you to know that my wife and I enjoy reading your blog and check it everyday for new posts! My wife as my witness, I tend to make the same predictions you do every week. I think we should join they're creative staff! Looks like they could use some writers right now. Keep blogging!
Frank & Tiffany Puglia

A.E. said...

Thanks Pug0Matic. Well if it's just me, you, and your wife, that should be enough for me to try and keep going!

Anonymous said...

for some reason peter has to catch on to the bad ways of adam, and maybe he already knows and hiro is blowing it for him to get at the virus and destroy it. Wouldn't peter already had the chance to read adam's mind and find out his true intentions???

Anonymous said...

It would seem that Peter still doesn't have control of or know of all of his abilities and even though he read Victoria's mind, using his powers first over not using them still doesn't come natural to him.

I agree that the Maya Alejandro story is a little dull, but I think that it will lead up to Sylar trying to be the ultimate bad guy again. I mean he not only wanted Maya to learn to control her power to get rid of Alejandro, but to make sure that she had that power so that when he can finally take her power he can control it without Alejandro being there.

Don't worry, I like your blog too. I check up on it after each episode to see the new post.
Not too much revelation in this episode, but seems like it'll lead up to a pretty good fight. The writer's strike sucks big time though, as I don't like the idea of them quickly wrapping anything up. It will always seem shortchanged or they'll miss something important and we'll have to wait an undetermined amount of time to learn anything new.

A.E. said...

Anonymous, Peter is a little slow sometimes :) I'm not sure why he would just go and trust Adam without verifying some stuff about him, but Peter is a little Naive that way.

I 100% agree Chenhuangdi. The writer's strike is really going to slow any momentum that Heroes finally gained after a slow first couple of episodes. Let's hope for a quick resolution, and maybe they can salvage the 2nd half of the season.