Thursday, November 29, 2007

Peter Defeats Hiro?


We last leave Heroes with Hiro about to attack Peter with the Kensei sword. But what happens after that is a big mystery.

Here is what we know to be true from next weeks preview

1. Peter isn't going to die. He is seen talking to Adam right afterwards
2. Peter, Matt, and Nathan are standing at a Podium in front of the press

So I believe that Peter is indeed going to be able to "stop the virus". There is a scene where it appears the vial is falling and will smash on the floor, but Peter should be able to stop that with a little bit of well timed TK (then again, when has Peter ever shown the ability to control any of his abilities well?)

You don't have a press conference like they appear to be having for no reason. What exactly the reason is still perplexes me though. I doubt it is to talk about the virus, as I would imagine the company would want to keep that secret. Then again, Nathan did say, "No more secrets".

But what happens between Peter and Hiro? Does Hiro convince Peter that Adam is evil, and thus they don't have to fight. Peter could only be pretending when he tells Adam "let's go destroy the virus". I doubt that though. Adam has a very funny look on his face. I have to believe that Peter at least told Adam about Hiro. I doubt Hiro was defeated, or at the very least there to be seen by Adam since they are in a very public place, and nobody seems to be alarmed that there is a dead body on the floor. That and they aren't going to kill of Hiro, I can guarantee you that one. (There are actually three people I think are absolutely safe for the time being. Peter, Claire, and Hiro. Too integral to the success of the show to get rid of these three any time soon)

So what do you think? How is the virus going to be stopped, and what are Hiro and Peter's role in all of it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could be that after Hiro and Peter resolve their fight, however it is, and Peter comes back to real-time he could be somewhere else. Adam would notice this "teleportation" and realize that Hiro is nearby. I'm not sure where this would lead, but its for sure that Adam would be quite pissed off that he's around.

With the season coming to a close, my guess would be that they stop the virus and Adam (maybe not kill but subdue) but when they take a peek at the future, not much has changed...still more death and destruction. Then we learn that Sylar has regained his powers and taken Maya's and is killing people to look like a virus.

A.E. said...

Good theory. I too think Maya is the source of the problem. It is interesting that we didn't see any of the dead people in the future. Could be that the dead people all have the black tears as exhibited by Maya's ability.

pug0matic said...

I was really hoping that Peter would become a bit evil this season. He absorbed Sylar's ability, so why wouldn't he have trouble controlling that power? I can see Peter being a great villain. I'll keep my fingers crossed

pug0matic said...

Well if volume three is "villains" i hope that I'm right and Peter turns bad in a quest to avenge Nathans death...if he's really dead? What do you guys think?